Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Catfish And The Bottlemen


Who are Catfish And The Bottlemen?

They are a Welsh Indie Rock band who's popularity has dramatically increased over the past six months. Personally I started listening to them before the release of their debut album 'The Balcony' but they have gained a larger fan-base since their recent tour of the UK and performing at festivals such as Leeds and Glastonbury. The band consists of four members, front man Ryan 'Van' Mccan (in my opinion the best front man there is, he's a literal God, I would marry him if I could), Johnny 'Bondy' Bond, Benjamin 'Benji' Blakeway and Robert 'Bob' Hall. 

Catfish And The Bottlemen live in Chicago.
At the right playing guitar is front man Ryan 'Van' Mccan.


Albums

Catfish And The Bottlemen have one album out and two EP's and having announced on Twitter this morning that they are playing the Castlefield Bowl, their biggest show to date and the announcement of a second album due to be released before this concert (excited is an understatement, I can't wait to see what 2016 CATB will be like).
  • The Beautiful Decay EP - 2010
  • Kathleen And The Other Three EP - 2014
  • The Balcony - 2014

My favourites

My favourite of the three EP's and album has to be 'The Balcony', it's a compilation of all of their best work to date (excluding ASA) which makes it one brilliant master piece. The best song in my opinion BY FAR is 'Hourglass', it's a beautiful little song that becomes more upbeat towards the end and it gives me goosebumps (literally!). The music video for Hourglass is my favourite ever, it features Ewan McGregor who is quite a big fan of CATB, he sings and plays guitar at the beginning it's honestly beautiful.
Ewan Mcgregor (right) and Van Mccan (left).


Live

I think their Glanstonbury Live Performance is still available on BBC iPlayer, along with interviews of the band.

Hourglass Live in Washington September 2015



Links

Follow CATB on Instagram and Twitter
Check out their online store where you can buy 
personalised '(Your name) And The Bottlemen' t-shirts

Thank you for visiting my blog!
Follow my Instagram and BlogLovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here;